Wednesday, August 6, 2008

  Monday morning, my family and I (except dad who was working) left to go visit my grandparents (the grandpa that has been sick for a while now). Mom had just gotten the idea to go on Sunday, and it was one of those "spur of the moment" trips. We had nice visit with my grandparents Monday night and Tuesday morning. Hannah and I played our violins for the family and there was a family get-together Monday night, where a bunch of my grandpa's siblings came over. As we got ready to leave to go home Tuesday afternoon, I had begun getting a fever and had to stay far away from my grandpa, because he couldn't afford getting any kinds of sicknesses, but as we went to leave I told him goodbye and that I loved him. He responded, "I love you too Jordan, keep working on your special music" and we left. After about 3 hours on the road, my mom tried calling our grandparent's house, but got no answer. When she finally reached grandma's cell-phone, we found out that 30 minutes after we had left, grandpa had started coughing up blood. He had not stopped bleeding for 3 hours now, and the doctors were calling it a "precarious" situation. Mom turned around to come back, but 5 minutes later we got the call telling mom to pull over and then telling her that her "daddy died". Needless to say, it was one of the worst moments of everyone in our family's lives, mom was devestated, and so were all of us. We drove home, but mom flew out this morning to be with her mom. My dad has to work, and I was sick this morning and therefore unable to manage the household, but God is getting us through this trial. Friday night is the viewing and Saturday afternoon will be the funeral. Christine and I will be playing "Amazing Grace" and "Great is thy Faithfulness" at the funeral, please pray that we will be able to get through it and be composed. My family and I appreciate your prayers at this time. We are grateful to know that grandpa is now with Jesus. 


    God bless, Arya

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hey Jordan,

I'm back!

I am SO sorry about your grandpa.....I'll be praying for y'all!

-Jeremy

Holly said...

Oh Jordan, it saddens me so to hear this heartbreaking news about your grandfather. I can't imagine how hard this must be on you and your family. I will be sure to remember you in my prayers. At a time like this, be sure to cast your burdens upon the Lord. Let this be a time that you can draw closer to Him, and in return, He to you (James 4:8).

Sister-in-Christ,
Holly

Brooke said...

Jordan,
I am deeply sorry about what happened to your grandpa. My heart greatly goes out to you and your family.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you,

Brooke.